Monday, August 15, 2011

More Fair Fun - Flowers that never die :)

One of the paper crafting categories is "cutting/folding/decoupage." For this category I thought it'd be fun to make a bouquet of paper flowers from some vintage sheet music using a Lifestyle Crafts die that I bought at The Scrapbooking Studio. (It got an "honorable mention" ribbon). Can you believe that one piece of sheet music made all of these!?
I even found this fun vintage crystal pitcher to put them in. I ran a little short on time and wasn't able to make a bouquet big enough to fill the entire pitcher, but I found some adorable reproduction milk bottles this past Sunday and I'm planning to put the flowers in there when they come back from the fair.

 
Supplies: Pitcher - Thrift Store Find; Vintage Sheet Music' Gold beads (Hobby Lobby); Beaded centers (candle holders from Michaels); Raffia and Gold Leaves - May Arts

And if you're like me and you enjoy having pretties around, but need them to be maintenance free... these are the perfect flowers!

No comments: