Add value for your Fundraiser attendees
If you are hosting a scrapbooking-related fundraiser, you can enhance the experience for your guests by adding educational activities to your next event. Whether you'd like to include informal make-n-takes and demonars or full-fledged classes, I'm available to help you increase the value that your fundraising event provides for its attendees by teaching classes or hosting make-n-takes at your next crop.
How does it work?
You decide which educational platform is best suited for your event:
- Make-n-takes - These are quick projects that are fairly simple and can be completed in under 5 minutes. Typically they involve making a small project that can be used to embellish a page or a greeting card and can be facilitated to groups of 2-5 attendees at a time. Most often a specific make-n-take is made available for a block of time and attendees rotate through the station.
- Demonar - Similar to make-n-takes, a small project or card is made, but there is typically an educational component to the project. For example, a Demonar may include "how-to" demonstrations that highlight a new techinque or tool for participants.
- Classes - Classes are longer in duration (typically not shorter than 1 hour but no longer than 2-4 hours depending on the complexity of the class project) and involve completing a more complex project like a page layout, mini-book, home decor item, or mixed media piece.
You decide what you'd like me to teach:I can teach on any of the following topics...
- Scrapbooking - Layout and design for beginning through advanced scrapbookers
- Papercrafting (Home decor, holiday decorations, and more)
- Mini books
- Card making
- Mixed Media
If you aren't sure which option is best for your event, I'm happy to consult with you to determine the best option for your event's format.
Want me teach at your next fundraiser free of charge?If you are a non-profit Section 501(c)(3), non-religious, non-political organization in central Iowa I will donate my time and teach free-of charge at your event (depending on availability). I typically volunteer at events within the Des Moines metro area, but will consider events further away with travel and/or accommodations assistance.
For more information, contact me at email@example.com