My first brush with scrapbooking was as a child, back when Mrs. Grossman’s stickers and magnetic albums along with ephemera were all the supplies available. I was reintroduced to the hobby in 2001 and became a full-fledged scrapbooking addict in 2005 when I started working and teaching at my local scrapbooking store. Today, I’ve expanded into all things paper crafting and often extend my supplies into home décor projects as well. I look to the world around me and the product I have to work with for my inspiration. I am a self-professed tool and technique junkie, and while I do design in a wide variety of styles, I tend to create clean and simple designs with hint of an understated elegance.
- Product Marketing
- Managing editor for in-house specialty publication (bi-annual magazine)
- Social Media, Microsites
- Project Management
- October Afternoon, February 2013 (Introduction; Gettin grid-y with it; Share the love ...; Making the most of your supplies )
Publications (Print and Electronic)
- Creating Keepsakes - January/February 2014 (pending): Sunday Family Fun Day
- Creating Keepsakes - May/June 2013 (p.35): June Bride, 1940.
- Creating Keepsakes - March/April 2013: Accentuate the Negative feature article, Best Day Ever.
- Creating Keepsakes - November/December 2012 (p. 83): Brown Paper Packages, Be Good Banner.
- Cricut Holidays Idea Book: Holiday Scrapbook Pages, December 25th.
- Creating Keepsakes - September/October 2012 (p. 70): Monster Mash Feature Article, Be You.
- Cards Magazine - July 2012
- Creating Keepsakes - March/April 2012 (p.82): Baby Feature Article, Watch me grow.
- Creating Keepsakes - January 2012: 32 things at 32
- ClubCK Blog - Scrapbooking inspiration February 7, 2011 (Heritage Page)
- ClubCK Premium - included in the "The best gallery highlights of 2010": These Little Hands Love to Farm
- ClubCK Blog - 10 Fun Ideas to Try in Your Scrapbooks Today (Gallery Highlights for Sept. 10, 2010): These Little Hands Love to Farm
- Cricut Chirp Spotlight - Vol. 15- September 4, 2006: Provocraft Wood Baby Letter
Features or Spotlights
- Practical Scrappers - Fabulous Finds Friday: June 17 (Layout: Gotta Wear Shades)
- Two Peas in a Bucket - Holiday Sharing Event - Guest Designer for 12/13/2010: Holiday Hanger
- Creating Keepsakes "Reader's Pick Poll" July/August 2012 Issue - One of three finalists
- Two Peas in a Bucket - Hambly Product Challenge (12/6/2010): Vintage Christmas Ornaments
- Two Peas in a Bucket - Maya Road Challenge (Nov/Dec. 2010) - Inspirational Maya Road ATC Stand
- Creating Keepsakes Blog - Show Us Your Blue Ribbon Layouts Giveaway (Sept. 2010) - lil' sprout
- Unity World Card Making Day (WCMD) Challenge: PlayswithGlue Paper Piecing Card, Leave me in stitches
- 2011 Iowa State Fair: Papercrafting and Stamping Ribbons
- Photo Scrap Book Page - two page layout: Second Place, Red ribbon
- Rubber Stamp Art - paper: Second Place, Red ribbon
- Rubber Stamp Art - other than paper: First place, Blue ribbon
- Mini Book: First place, Blue ribbon
- Paper Craft - cutting/folding/decoupage: Honorable Mention
- 2010 Iowa State Fair: Papercrafting and Stamping Ribbons
- Single page layout: Honorable Mention for I Got Pies
- Single page layout - use of embellishments: First place, Blue ribbon for Be You
- Single page layout - State fair theme: Third place ribbon for These Little Hands Love to Farm
- Two page layout: Honorable Mention for 3 Blessings
- Papercrafting - die cutting and folding: Second Place, Red ribbon
- Rubber Stamp Art - Other Than Paper: Third Place for Butterfly Canvas
- 2009 Iowa State Fair: Creative Arts Papercrafting Ribbons
- Instructor, Customer Service Associate, Memory Bound, Inc. (Ankeny, IA), May 2005 – August 2006
- Developed and taught scrapbooking, paper crafting, Cricut and Adobe Photoshop Elements classes.