Monday, December 19, 2011

Gifting on the Fly

As the countdown to Christmas runs down you may be finding yourself in a pickle with those hard to buy for people on your list. If you are like me, that means gift cards to the rescue! The only thing I dislike about gift cards is that they seem rather cold and impersonal so I like to present them in a handmade gidt card holder.

On my way home from work tonight  I needed a last minute gift (literally walked into the store at 5:32 and had to be at my destination with gift in tow by 6). Fortunately the giftee is a fellow scrapbooker so I popped into my LSS for a gift card. This year they are offering cute little paper bags embossed with snowflakes to put their gift cards in. Not only did I need to purchase the gift card, I needed to wrap it in store too, so I grabbed a cute little elf sticker (Doodlebug, $1.49) and a foot of metallic red cord (May Arts, 25¢) and wrapped it up at the checkout counter. (Many thanks go out to Michelle for holding it still while I wrapped the cord and for lending her finger to tie the knot.)

Here's the result. It literally under 5 minutes including checkout!

Please excuse the sideways photo. I am blogging from my phone and can't find a way to rotate it.


No comments: