Sunday, August 15, 2010

A blue ribbon layout

On a whim last year I decided to enter our state fair. Boy was I surprised when I won two blue and a red ribbon on my first try. High off of my beginner's luck, I thought I'd enter again. As a little creative challenge to myself, my goal this year was to complete entries for every category. So in honor of our state fair beginning this weekend, I'm sharing my entries with you.

I thought I'd kick it off with my favorite entry this year... "Be You"

I've been wanting to do a "messy" layout with cardboard, paints, and inks. I tried to do an album cover earlier with blue and yellow Maya Mists, but that turned out green (oopsie!) so this was my chance to redeem myself.

The background is a chunk of a blueray disc player box that my husband brought home from work for me. He was riding his motorcycle that day and actually stuffed 3 pieces (just in case one got wrinkled) of cardboard into his riding jacket to bring it home. Do I have an awesome husband or what?

 
Coincidentally, it was a favorite of the judges too -this one won a blue ribbon. yay! :)


Products used:
Maya Road (Hydrangea and Lemon Metallic Mists, Trinket pins, canvas label); Prima (yellow flower); October Afternoon (patterned papers); EK Success (yellow button); Teresa Collins (blue chandelier thingy); American Crafts (crocheted flower); Making Memories (chipboard letters, paints); MAMBI (blue bling); Kaiser Craft (yellow pearls); Tim Holtz (grungeboard heart, red dabber paint); 7ge (label holder); Unity Stamps (quote); Hero Arts (trust in your heart stamp); Studio G (blue ink); Versafine (black ink).

No comments: