Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cards on Wednesdays: Unity WCMD - Paint

I am always on the lookout for new things to do and try and I really like to find alternatives to paper. One alternative that I like to play with is clear acetate, but it always poses a problem.... How to adhere decorative elements without the glue showing?

This Unity challenge was to play with paint. I have on occassion stamped images with paint. It's not easy to do, but possible and requires immediate washing of the stamp. This time around I thought I'd try to use it as my background on a clear card. With a bottle of Making Memories paint and a super cheap hardware store paint brush I set out to create some texture for a background on my card (no glue needed). I don't know that I'm completely in love with this card (it was created when my mojo went missing), but it was at least another opportunity to learn new things and to play with new mediums.

No comments: