Sunday, June 26, 2011

OMG! Class with Tim Holtz! :)


Last weekend I had the privilege of getting to take a class from Tim Holtz. For those of you who know me personally, I'm not really one to get all caught up in the celebrity thing, but let me tell you, I'd follow this guy anywhere! His fun-loving, carefree approach to art is liberating! I really could just sit and play with his inks and stamps all day.

The class was in Shawnee, KS so my mom, two friends and I made the trek from Des Moines on Saturday morning to make a quick girls weekend out of our road trip. We only signed up for one class, but let me tell you, I didn't want our class to end!

On Sunday we did a little shopping at Scrapbook Page and then had lunch at Bates City BBQ. While we were at Bates City BBQ, my friend Julie struck up a conversation with a gentleman in line behind her who'd driven an hour and a half just for the ribs! When he discovered that none of had ordered ribs he ordered an extra slab and dropped it by our table to try. How cool is that? I love it when random acts of kindness occur. Makes you realize that maybe everything you see on TV just might not be true.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend.


Day One

My scrappy companions:
   
Class hadn't even started yet and we were already having fun!


We took the Patchwork Pandemonium class. We picked it because it's a technique-laden class where you try out and learn to use tons of the Ranger and Tim Holtz products. TOTALLY worth it!

Oh. And of course I doctored up my patchwork when I got home... more about that later.

Class is over. No more Tim :(

Day Two
A sampling of photos from Scrapbook Page. They had awesome displays! Here's just a small sampling of them.



Then it was off to Bates City BBQ where they had fun little signs everywhere.


Oh and the RIBS... the RIBS... I am still drooling over these (and secretly trying to come up with a reason to return to Shawnee, KS just so I can eat them again)!


No comments: