Click image to bigify.
Here are some tips to make a super quick mini book still look fabulous. I think I might have spent more time finding and printing the photos than I did putting the book together!
- Use border punches to give the edges of the pages texture for interest.
- Ink the edges of the pages with distress ink to coordinate it to your theme.
- Further coordinate the pattern paper by over-stamping it with accent and background stamps (I used a favorite flourish stamp).
- Convert all of the photos to black and white to give it a unified and coordinated appearance.
- Coordinate embellishments like flowers by misting them in a coordinating color and then adding a background stamp pattern to it.
- Add die-cuts and simple theme embellishments to dress up the pages. In this mini I incorporated the mini film strip and the film strip die cut from Tim Holtz since the pictures were from a TV commercial production we'd worked on together.
- Mix up the page sizes by binding in journaling cards that tell the story.