Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cards on Wednesdays: Unity WCMD Challenges

I've recently started to do more stamping. I'm still not very good at it and lack a sophisticated repertoire of stamping techniques to do anything too cool so at the moment I'm mostly a "keyline," one color on something kinda girl. Unity Stamp Co. posted a series of card making challenges on their blog for World Card Making Day (WCMD) that was hosted over on Splitcoast Stampers. So, always being one who's up for a challenge, I decided that I would try to participate. Well, needless to say I did not get all of their challenges completed due in part to a crazy work schedule, trying to finish a mini album for a Maya Road Challenge over on Two Peas, and then to top things off my creative mojo went on hiatus. So I did get a few cards together to help replenish Lance's card stash and I'll share them with you over the next few Wednesdays.

To kick things off here's one of my favorites. It's a hand stitched card. I created the stitching template by sizing circles in my design software so I could get my stitches in just the right place on the card.

Kraft cardstock, October Afternoon Paper, Unity Cosmo Cricket "Material Girl" Stamps

And here's the template if you want to make your own. Just punch holes in between the dashes.
(Click to bigify).


No comments: