Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer's End

Labor Day always seems like the end of summer to me. Kids are back in school. That weekend seems to come with the beginning of cooler temperatures. And of course the last big event of the summer, the state fair is several weeks past.

Sadly this year's state fair has come to a close. I'll have to wait another 365 days until I can get a porkchop on a stick, a roast beef sandwich from the cattleman's stand, or an official state fair funnel cake.

This year was my third year entering and the first that I didn't win something in every class. The judging was a little ecentric, but hey, I scrapbook for me, not a panel of judges so I'm okay with that. :)

Here's the page that I entered in the "Fair Theme" scrapbook page category.

Photos by Sabrina Gogerty
Patterned Papers - Simple Stories, October Afternoon; Small Letter Stickers - KaiserKraft; Foam letters - Thickers by American Crafts; Chicken - Ki Memories; Kraft Tag - Martha Stewart Crafts; Button - Making Memories; Plaid ribbon - sewing notions


One of my favorite tools lately is the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Rosette dies. They come in 3 sizes (all shown here). The largest one comes on a single die, while the two smaller ones come on a single die. Even if you don't want to invest in a bigshot, you can run these through a Sidekick (smaller and easier to transport plus less expensive).


No comments: