Thursday, February 9, 2012

Live a life less ordinary

I love the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found collection, but I've hesitated to buy it in the past for a few reasons:
  1. Because it's that "beautiful" kind of paper that's just so luxurious you feel obligated to hoard it rather than use. 
  2. Because as beautiful as the papers are, I struggle to figure out how to work with papers that already have lots of design elements going on.
I had an idea for a page titled "live a life less ordinary" and started out planning to use October Afternoon papers. Then, as I was walking by a table, I saw a kit of this My Mind's Eye papers laying there and the "ordinary" die cut was staring up at me, begging to be used. And well, when something aligns so perfectly, when page karma comes your way, you just have to go along with it right?

I used a Copic Sketch marker to re-color glittered Thickers so they would match the glittered details on the papers.


With banners all the rage, I couldn't resist the opportunity to make a little mini banner with some tiny flags and an assortment of trinkets. Oh, and of course some black and white twine, just in case it wasn't trendy enough :)


Isn't this little wooden button just the most adorable thing ever?


Here's the journaling -in case you were having trouble figuring out what track shoes and a 100K odometer reading had to do with this. 

And last but not least, the completed page.

No comments: