Monday, May 24, 2010

Guess what I'm working on? Sneek peek #4

I finally got a chance to start playing with my project. I set out thinking that I would decoupage the pages with the art from the dress pattern envelopes and the dress patterns themselves. But sadly, discovered that I just can't bring myself to cut up old vintage patterns. Suddenly I had a dilemna. I still wanted to use my super cool vintage finds, but I didn't want to ruin them forever. What's a girl to do?

Enter, technology to the rescue! I scanned in sections of the patterns and through the magic of Photoshop I managed to create line art from the various pattern elements. From the various elements, I created an iron-on transfer to use on the canvas cover and interior canvas pockets. With a little help from some Tim Holtz Distress Inks, a new canvas album suddenly took on a very worn vintage-y feel.

There's still much to be done to complete the cover, but here's where it's at right now. Pretty cool, right?

No comments: