Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ut-oh, the card supply is low...

In my house my husband is the one who remembers birthdays and anniversaries. He's also wonderfully dilligent about sending cards for said occassions. If you've been to a Hallmark store lately, you've probably been just as shocked as I at the price of cards, $3-$4-$5 each! Whoa! When did it get so expensive to share a greeting or best wishes? So, after a few too many raised eyebrows from me about his card "budget" I found myself on the hook to keep a supply of cards at the ready. (I did try to get him to make his own cards, but after last year's birthday card embarrassment, I won't be making that mistake again!)

Well, today we had a little problem... the card well was running a little dry and we had a wedding to go to. We were running a little behind (as usual) and Lance came upstairs with a series of card headlines to choose from, none of which were wedding appropriate (sorry Tim & Tarica!). So today, instead of doing layouts, it looks like I'll be restocking the card supply. In case you are finding yourself in a similar bind, here's a card to get your creative juices flowing:

2 comments:

Janet said...

Mollie, this is really cute! Love how you used the tag. You must have one of those MM tag scrunchers, too! ;-) It is beyond my ability to operate... TFS!

Diane Louise said...

This is so cute. I should try to keep a card stash in my house too.